I had a few great ideas for posts but somehow completely forgot them.
So instead I give you this:
- A new short-form writing contest, the winners of which (published or unpublished authors) will be given the opportunity to have their stories sold on Amazon.com through the Amazon Shorts program.
I posted about Amazon Shorts back in August 2005, bemoaning the fact it is only for well established and published authors. So here's the chance to get in there for all the unpublished writers out there.
- The site is Gather.com
- The contest announcement
- Length 2000-10,000
- No genre restrictions specified
- Contest open until Sep 30th
- 4 winners each month (July, August, Sep) - 3 readers choice and 1 editorial pick
- Prize - the opportunity to be sold on Amazon
If nothing else, it's a good exposure and practice. Get started writing now!
Categories: writing, publishing, short-stories, fiction, contest, contests