Yesterday I wrote a post about my blogging habits as part of a group writing project over at ProBlogger.
Since this is a writing site, most of the comments related to the writing part of blogging and how blogging affects writing.
I thought it would be interesting, as a personal exercise if anything, to see if my listed blogging habits also pertain to my writing.
1. Consistency - we often mention how important it is to write daily. I'm pretty good at that.
2. Shy - being shy never helps. When it is time for self promotion, it is also time for confidence. I'm not that good at that. I fail to tell people about my publications and I even fail (sometimes) to disclose such information in query letters.
3. Lazy/lack of backbone - okay, laziness is a bad trait to have, period. However, my laziness isn't across the board. While I give myself slack regarding blogging, I'm much better when my fiction is concerned.
4. Drafts - I guess that for writing, it would be something like going around with a notebook and writing things down as they come to mind. Check.
5. Aesthetics and artistic tendencies - luckily, none of that is needed in writing.
6. Written language - must be good and constantly improving. So while I feel that I write well in my blog, I'm never confident of my fiction.
7. Fresh ideas - I'll just repeat - not often, but when the occasional one comes along, it can be a very good one.
8. Vision - I have a much better strategy when it comes to my writing. I know where I want to get and how to get there.
9. Absence - I travel often and for long periods of time during which I post very little but I write quite a bit!
10. Diverse interest - my diverse interests have supplied me with many plot and story ideas.
I think that my writing habits and traits are much better than my blogging habits. I should definitely work on that shyness business though.Read the rest
Categories: writing, blogging