Sunday, September 04, 2005

Labour-Day Long-Weekend Yawn

Seems as if the WWW is off on holidays:

- Half the sites I'm trying to load won't load, but while some are nice enough to tell me they're taking advantage of the long weekend to do some maintenance, others simply give me that 'cannot find server' crap page.

- Blogroll wasn't working and for a while I couldn't access my link list or add anyone to the list, and it just so happened that I found a few very nice blogs yesterday. Blogroll is working now finally.

- Most of the blogs I visited today (and yesterday) haven't updated or posted in a couple of days.

Am I (and a very few others) the only one around?

I vowed last year, after it took me five (5!) hours to get home instead of the normal hour and half, that I'm never going away on the Labour Day Weekend again. This year I stayed in town. But just like the WWW, the city too is empty. It's actually nice and very quiet. I like it.

To pass the time, here's another puzzler (game): Nine Bows. I haven't tried it yet, only looked at it and I have no clue what to do next. (Sorry to do this to you again Carter, but I need you to figure this one out :). The link to the game is courtesy of Hazard. I do think this one is the most obscure one of all. Those who feel like trying it out may want to start with an "easier" puzzle called Mazito. You'll find the link here.

Categories: , ,

9 comments:

Cavan said...

"Half the sites I'm trying to load won't load"

You too, huh? I thought it was just my ISP. Anyhow, thanks very much for the link. I love linkage.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem.

Thanks for visiting my site melly.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Melly,
I'm here and I can't get anything to work either! But in my case it includes my feeble brain. I haven't a clue how the puzzle is supposed to go and I'm guessing the verification is going to take me a six round try even though it's the big letters this time. thanks for the link. It's the high point of my day. I've not even started my post. OHHH!
smiles,
Liz

Melly said...

No prob Cavan. I've been trying to add you since yesterday, but like I mentioned my blogroll didn't work. Oh, and I now see I should thank you as well :)

Lee, I really should have visited your blog a long time ago. I kept running into you in Lee Carlon's blog, but was always in a hurry. Glad to see you here.

Liz, I stare at that puzzle and I don't even know where to start. Quite embarrassing actually.
With regards to the word verification I think I figured out why I had so much problem that particular time. Most times it's simply me not being able to decipher the letters, but on that occasion I happened to reach your blog via blogexplosion and it was therefore open in a frame. Once I got rid of the frame the problem was solved. So I wonder if it was the frame.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

You're right the frame could have something to do with it.

And you must tell me if you get an answer to the puzzle.:)

Shanna said...

Thanks for stopping by :) I love visiting the writing blogs, and yours seems to be pretty thorough.

Melly said...

Liz, the puzzle is so obscure that I'm at a complete loss. If I ever find something out, you bet I'm going to notify you and everyone else how smart I am :)

Chanemza, thanks for stopping by.
Thorough? My little blog? - oh, my. That's mighty kind of you :)

Jean said...

Raises hand. I'm here! As for the puzzle, it's all digital to me.

Getting the memory in the right slots seems to have stabilized my new PC considerably, so I'm here to stay. (Amazing how a little thing like a chip in the wrong slot will screw stuff up.)

Melly said...

"Amazing how a little thing like a chip in the wrong slot will screw stuff up" - ha ha ha. LOL.

Hope you're a having a good weeekend, Jean. Nothing like putting a memory chip in the right slot to make for a good weekend :)