Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh, Joy - My second tag ever

Okay, this time the tag subject is one that is very dear to my heart - Joy!
Holly Lisle started the tag and Carter, Jean and Heather all decided I needed more tag practice.
Lucky for me this is a subject I can never tire of.

Well, it just so happens that the last (and only) time I've used the word joy in a post was in the context of the "joy of reading". I can't believe how appropriate that is. Makes me joyful...

Just to make sure this wasn't the only mention of happiness in my blog, I've checked happy (the other words aren't my style):
I was so happy; the sky was the limit.

For me, for now, I'm so happy to be sitting again in my office, at my desk, typing away at my keyboard with my familiar computer and -- without a soul around.

I never thought I would be so happy to be back - yey!

I'm usually a happy person...

I'm so happy to be home again.

I've submitted what I needed to submit and while I'm not happy about my overall progress, I'm happy that I've at least accomplished this.

That makes me happy.

Most times I'm happy because I choose to be.

I'm happy to report I was too busy writing at night to update you.

Seems I didn't need to look that hard for joy in my life and that it doesn't take much to make me happy - reading, writing, internet access, peace and quiet, etc. I was happy to see the numerous times I've mentioned I was happy. Other than the above sentences I found, there were many more happies in the comments, from me, and occasionally from others.

Last, but not least, I even wrote a post about happiness not too long ago: Meditation, Happiness and Mind Control. It's one of the posts I love the most and one I am most proud of even though it didn't seem to create as much interest.

Now for the tagging part, let's see:
Liz, Gina, Yzabel, rdl, Terry

(Eric, Cavan and Trée this is the second tag I'm not tagging you because I'm certain you'd ignore me... :)

Oh, and if anyone wishes to ignore me - no worries. Feel free...

THE SEARCH FOR JOY

Search your blog for the word "joy" used in the context of "happiness." If you cannot find the word in your weblog, you may use any of the select list of synonyms below.

joy - amusement, bliss, cheer, comfort, delectation, delight, ecstasy, elation, exaltation, exultation, exulting, felicity, gaiety, gladness, glee, good humor, gratification, happiness, hilarity, humor, jubilance, liveliness, merriment, mirth, pleasure, rapture, regalement, rejoicing, revelry, satisfaction, wonder

If your weblog does not include a built-in search engine, then you can use
Google to search it only for the word you wish to find.

If you’ve found the word and it was not used facetiously or sarcastically, good for you. All you need to do is link to your earlier entry, and write a few words about that joyous moment. If, however, you have no joy (whole words only) in your weblog, you must dig deep in your soul and find something wonderful in your life right now. One little thing that fills you with warmth, that bubbles you over with quiet happiness, or tickles you with its good-hearted hilarity, or makes you glad you just took a breath, and are getting ready to take another. It doesn't have to be anything big. A smile someone gave you; your cat on your shoulder; the way the light angles through your window and casts rainbows on your floor. All it has to be is something genuine, something real, something that matters to you.

Because we all need joy in our lives, and need to take the time - from time to time - to recognize it. And sometimes, we need to pass it on.

Even if we're a big pain in the ass when we do.

When you've dealt with your own joy, pass the quest on to five other bloggers.


Categories: ,

16 comments:

Trée said...

Melly, you hardly know me, yet you can read me like a book. ;-)

Photominer said...

I'll do it soon Melly, just finished my post on the 7 deadly sins (very tiring). :-)

Anonymous said...

Trée, oh good. For some reason this put a smile on my face.

Terry - 7 deadly sins??? I'm coming right over.

Trée said...

Glad to be of service :-)

Patry Francis said...

I can't think of a better exercise than searching for joy! Will look forward to see where and how it's found.

Melly said...

Patry, you should go read the other posts about joy. So much more profound than mine. (You know I always take the simplistic approach).
Jean, Carter, Heather wrote beautifully, and I can't wait to see the rest.

Trée :)

Cavan said...

Hey, I'll take a mental tag. It's the thought that counts :)

Melly said...

You'll be sorry you said that ;)
Next tag - you're it!

(although I hope for a little bit of tag free blogging now :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Melly,
I enjoyed the chance to read about the things that make you happy. It's nice to know that you don't have to look far to find joy. That's a circumstance I wish for my friends.

I'm nervous already about the tag. I'm always a little crazy when I do things like this for the first time and people can see me. So be gentle.

smiles,
liz

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh My,
I just searched my blog and found 11 entries with the word, joy. I guess I have my work cut out for me. :)

Anonymous said...

This was a joy to read melly! :)

rdl said...

I'm on it, might take me a day or two. There was no joy but fortunately 5 happy's , so hopefully I'll have something to work with. Thanks, I think.

Melly said...

Liz, I thought yours would be full of joy :)
Don't worry too much about it.

Gina, well, with a blog like yours so heavily leaning toward health issues it's sometimes hard to find the exact word, yet some of your entries regarding some of the discoveries are joyful in their own right, don't you think?

Thanks Mark. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Check out the others' post about it - way more profound.

rdl, no rush. Whenever you have time.

Anonymous said...

I'm joyfully reading all of these joyous posts scattered throughout the realm. :o)

DTclarinet said...

How wonderfully appropriate your search came up with "joy of reading"! And that link to your post reminded me I still want to check out that Atwood SF novel!

Melly said...

So how about one of your own easywriter???

Garnet, thanks :)
I still haven't finished reading it (I'm a very slow reader), but I'm more than 2/3s throught and I love the book so far.